Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine
Carpathian Biosphere Reserve
"Primeval and Ancient Beech Forests of Europe: Problems of Protection and Sustainable Use"
The Carpathian Biosphere Reserve is organizing the International Scientific Conference УThe Primeval and Ancient Beech Forests of Europe: Problems of Protection and Sustainable UseФ on September 16-18, 2013. The event will be dedicated to the 45th Anniversary of the Carpathian Biosphere Reserve.
The following topics are to be discussed (sessions):
1) The present state of inventory and research of the primeval and ancient beech forests;
2) The role of the primeval and ancient beech forests for biodiversity conservation;
3) The importance of the primeval and ancient beech forests for the global climate change mitigation and implementation of sustainable forest use models;
4) Use of the primeval and ancient beech forests with scientific, educational and ecotourism purposes;
5) Fundraising for conservation of the primeval and ancient beech forests and compensation payments for local communitiesТ development;
6) The protection status of the primeval and ancient beech forests according to IUCN categories;
7) Establishment and maintenance of the European beech forest protected areas, and cooperation network with beech forest researchers.
Requirements for Proceedings
We accept papers up to 5 pages in Ukrainian or English. Deadline for submission is July 15, 2013.
The texts are to be submitted in a digital form (e-mail) and a hard copy in Microsoft Word (*.doc або *.rtf), Times New Roman, size 10, single space between the lines, with 0.85 cm space from the page edge for the first line of a passage. Paper size Ц A5, book format. Edges: upper and lower Ц 2 cm, left and right Ц 1,5 cm. Tables and figures to be inserted in the text.
First line on the left Ц UDC, two lines lower in the middle Ц title of the paper in capital letters;
Two lines lower Ц authorТs name (names), and name of the institution, town and country below that;
Two lines lower both in English and Ukrainian Ц name/names of the author(s), title of the article and a short summary (up to 60 words each language);
Two lines lower Ц the text of the paper itself. List of references to be provided at the end of the paper (heading УReferencesФ not needed), letter size 9.
The Organizing Committee has a right to reject papers that do not correspond to the requirements listed above or not corresponding to the topics of the Conference.
Further details will be provided in the Second Circular.
Address of the Organizing Committee:
Carpathian Biosphere Reserve,
P/O box 8, Rakhiv
Zakarpattia region, Ukraine - 90600
tel. +38(03132) 22193; fax: +38(03132) 22632
First Circular anf Registration Form